Jenkova Ulica 6
2310 Slovenska Bistrica
bigwhale -at- lubica.net
david.klasinc -at- gmail.com
+386 40 322 197
HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in programming in Python, C, C++, PHP, and various unix shells.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT.
- Very experienced in working with GNU/Linux.
- Many experiences with most of modern IT and related technologies.
- Communicative and used to work in group or alone.
- Able to perform as a team leader or team member.
- Abilities to guide less experienced team members on the project.
- Experienced in project planning and design.
RELEVANT SKILLS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Development and maintenance of Kazam Screencaster, screen recording utility for GNU/Linux
- Contributions to Ubuntu Operating System; Gwibber microblogging client & Kazam Screencaster
- Designed and developed a load balancing cluster solution for video conversion.
- Designed and developed a news feed system for mobile content.
- Backend development of 20+ WordPress web sites.
- Development of SafeSigned web verification core services.
- Design, development and implementation of free SMS sending services with support for targeted advertising..
- Implementing and enforcing best QA practices in project life cycle
- Worked on HP Data Protector backend database design.
- Development and design of Treasury and Financial System software for Slovenian Ministry of Finance.
- Development of Siebel CRM software modules for NetIQ AppManager.
- Development of Siebel Smart Plug-In (SPI) for HP OpenView.
- Designed and maintained networks with 200 and more computers.
- Developed a back-end database and support software for on-line stores.
- Developed IT infrastructure for smaller and medium companies.
- Developed Web based customer registration for TurboLinux Inc.
- Successful porting of TurboLinux Operating System from Intel x86 to Power-PC platforms.
- More than ten years of experience in system administration, network management and tech support.
- More than ten years of experience working with GNU/Linux.
- President of Linux User Group Of Slovenia - LUGOS, for three years.
- Organization of various events for LUGOS, including 1st & 2nd Linux Conference.
- Held various talks about open source development and movement
- CV written in HTML 3.0! ;)
Experience with the following hardware and software. A lot of them are listed for the sheer
amusement of the reader,
these are nothing but tools that can be mastered as we go.
- All x86/amd64 compatibile platforms
- IBM PPC iSeries (AS/400)
- IBM PPC pSeries (B50 & B80)
- Macintosh (Motorola and PPC machines)
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- ZX Spectrum & Commodore 64 & Atari ST & Amiga ;)
- Software (OS):
- GNU/Linux Operating systems (Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora)
- Microsoft Operating systems (from DOS to Windows 7, server and workstation)
- Various other Unix operating systems (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX)
- Novell NetWare 3.x, 4.x, Limited knowledge of OS/2 and Cisco IOS
- C / C++
- Bash & other unix shells
- SQL (MySQL, Postgres)
- Perl (but I can't read any of the code I've written)
- KDE and Qt programming
- Unix/POSIX (AIX, HP-UX, GNU/Linux, Solaris) system progamming
- Cross-platform development of various applications
- Delphi/Pascal & Visual Basic (I too, was young and naive)
- Expertise and knowledge of:
- Wordpress CMS software
- Django Web framework
- General system administration and network management
- LAN/WAN networks
- TCP/IP protocols
- Nginx, Apache2 & Lighttpd Web servers
- Database servers: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres SQL, Microsoft SQL
- Various FTP servers (wu-ftpd, proftpd, glftpd)
- Qmail, Sendmail and Postfix SMTP servers
- Some experience with MS Exchange & MS SQL Server
- Bind DNS server
- Various Internet services (IMAP4, POP3, SNMP, NEWS,...)
- Other network services: NIS/YP, LDAP
- Distributed services, clustering
- Web applications development
- Network design
- Database design
|2011 - present
||Senior Engineer & IT
|2010 - 2011
||Consulting, programming, system integrations
||Senior System Administrator
|2008 - 2010
||Senior Engineer (Project Management, Design, Development)
|2001 - 2008
||Engineer III (Development, Design & Support)
||Hermes Softlab d.d.
|1999 - 2001
||Head of IT Department ;)
||Active Tools d.o.o.
|(1998 for 7 months)
|1997 - 1999
||Senior IT engineer
|1995 - 1997
||Tech Support & IT engineer
- National high school for Telecommunications and Economy, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Last Update: 2015, something ...